Jorja M. Williams
Jorja M. Williams is a partner of The Kelley Law Firm, PL, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She concentrates her practice in the areas of probate and trust litigation, estate and trust administration, estate and tax planning, and guardianship law. She represents corporate and individual fiduciaries, beneficiaries, and heirs in all probate, trust, and guardianship settings including will and trust contests, breach of trust actions, will and trust reformation and modification proceedings, contested guardianships, elective share proceedings, and tortious interference litigation.
Ms. Williams earned her law degree with a Certificate in Estate and Trusts Practice and LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. She frequently speaks on estate planning and probate and trust topics. As a triple Gator, she is actively involved with the University of Florida and previously served as President of the South Florida Chapter of the Association of Black Alumni.
- At-Large Member – Executive Council of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section (RPPTL) of the Florida Bar
- Board Member – Estate Planning Council of Broward County, Inc.
- Member & Subcommittee Chair – Florida Bar Probate Rules Committee (2018-2021)
- Fellow – Class III – Reece Smith, Jr. Florida Bar Leadership Academy (2016)
- Former Chair – Estate and Probate Committee, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair – Estate and Probate Session, Palm Beach County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference
- Former Chair – Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “C”
- Director – Estate Planning Council of Broward County
- Participant in Class V of the Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Publications & Lectures
- Chapter 4: “Rights Of The Surviving Family,” The Florida Bar Litigation Under Florida Probate Code Twelfth Edition 2020 (co-author with Amy B. Beller, Esq.)
- “Multi-Jurisdiction – Planning, Administration, and Litigation,” Palm Beach County Bar Association, Speaker, March 2020
- “Wills and Trusts 101,” National Business Institute, Speaker and Author, 2019
- “Probate: Everything You Need to Know,” National Business Institute, Speaker and Author, 2018
- “Trusts and Estates Cross Fit,” Palm Beach County Bar Association, Speaker and Author, 2018
- “Issues in Probate and Estate Practice,” Palm Beach County Bar Association, Panelist, 2018
- “Estate Planning 101: Trusts and Estates from Start to Finish,” Pincus Professional Education, Speaker and Author, 2015
- “Planning to Prevent Litigation,” South Broward/North Dade Estate Planning Council, Speaker, 2015